The problem of premature ejaculation commonly appears in men with little sexual experience or those, who feel some emotional difficulties. There are two ways to cope with this issue: medical and psychological. Medical premature ejaculation treatment means taking certain preparations, which help to postpone ejaculation (you may learn more about such drugs at Drugs-med.com), while psychological methods are aimed at working with your feelings and not physical issues. Besides, there are various methods of preventing PE by self-control.
What are the causes of premature ejaculation?
There are several reasons why men may have premature ejaculation:
- Problems with managing one’s emotions. If a man is overly excited about his partner or is afraid to fail during the intercourse, he may experience premature ejaculation.
- Peculiarities of the body. Some men have very sensitive skin of the penis so the usual stimulation during sexual intercourse feels much more intensive than for other men. That’s why they need less time to reach the culmination.
- Erectile dysfunction. In some cases, erectile dysfunction may be accompanied by premature ejaculation. It may be explained by the fear of losing erection during sex.
- Diseases of genitourinary system. Some ailments, for example, inflammation of the prostate or urethra and infections of genitourinary system may provoke premature ejaculation.
- Other medical conditions. Various ailments, which are not connected with genitourinary system may cause PE. Among them are hypertonia, diabetes, hormonal changes and multiple sclerosis.
- Lack of sexual experience.
- Alcohol or drug intake.
What are the ways of managing this sexual problem?
To know how to cope with the problem, you have to know what causes it. It is recommended to undergo all the needed analyses to exclude the probability of infections and inflammation of the genitals and urinary system. In case there are no problems with your physical health, you should try to make your sexual intercourses last longer by using various techniques of self-control. If they won’t work, you may have to turn for professional help.
Among the most effective methods of preventing premature ejaculation are
- Making pauses in the intercourse to reduce the sensations. If you feel that the ejaculation is very close, stop and give yourself several seconds to calm down. When you feel that the need of ejaculation has passed, you may continue the intercourse.
- Squeezing the head of the penis. When you feel that ejaculation is soon to happen, stop the stimulation and let your partner squeeze the head of the penis until this feeling passes. This method is good when you trust your partner completely.
- Changing the tempo. Slowing down during sexual intercourse may be quite effective for prevention of PE.
- Developing endurance by practicing. Self-stimulation may be a good choice for those who have little sexual experience or don’t have a permanent partner.
- Using special condoms and topical anesthetics. There are special condoms with cooling effect, which help to delay ejaculation. You can also use medications called topical anesthetics to temporarily reduce sensitivity of the organ.
Training of the pelvic muscles is also considered a good way to treat premature ejaculation. Yet, if the cause of this problem is your mental health you have to turn for professional help.